We are aware of the problem which some users experience when trying to restore HPT videos. Unfortunately, this issue is extremely complicated due to following reasons:
- It is difficult to reproduce.
- It occurs due to errors on the Apple servers.
Our technical team was able to reproduce this issue a couple of times, and we are in touch with Apple regarding this.
If you've purchased one of our theory test + HPT packages and you run into the need of restoring your purchase, you may end up in a situation when all theory test questions are unlocked, but HPT videos are not accessible.
The general workflow which our app performs when restoring your purchase is as follows:
- You click on the Restore Purchases button
- Our app sends a request to App Store servers with the intent to get a list of our in-app products which you've purchased
- Our app receives a response which lists theory test + HPT bundle as one of the purchased products
- Theory test questions get unlocked instantly, and we tell Apple server to start downloading HPT videos
- Our app receives no response
The problem occurs at step 5. In the vast majority of cases, everything works and the videos get downloaded. However, in a few limited circumstances, our app receives no response from Apple servers, making it impossible to restore your HPT videos (as they are hosted on Apple servers). Unfortunately, when this scenario occurs, we do not even get a response informing our app of an error.
If you run into the problem described above, there are only two options which you can try to restore the videos.
- You may try reinstalling the app
- You may safely try to purchase the theory test + HPT package again. All our products belong to the non-consumable category, meaning that Apple does not let you pay for them more than once. Hence, you can follow these steps to restore HPT videos:
- Make sure that you are logged into the App Store with the same account that was used to make the original purchase
- Click on the Buy button
- Sign in to the App Store if requested by the prompt
- Confirm your intent to make a purchase
- A new dialog appears informing you that you've purchased this item previously and that it will be restored for free